Veterinary Technical Advisor
£40k to £50k | Full Time | Permanent Role | Office Based | Company Car | Benefits
MACAHL ANIMAL HEALTH LTD
This is a unique opportunity to join the UK’s No1 companion animal veterinary Oral rehydration brand Oralade®. Macahl animal health is a fast growing family company based in Northern Ireland. Established in 2006 and with over 40 years experience in pet food manufacture and development, Macahl animal health strives to improve and develop new innovative and functional products to support animal health, hydration and nutrition in both veterinary and pet channels. Oralade is now distributed in over 50 countries worldwide and still growing. With new product launches planned in the coming months and years and further expansion, this is an exciting opportunity to join our team and help build continued success of the Global Oralade brand.
This important role requires someone with a high level of skill and experience and a real drive to improve development and growth. The role will report to MD and assist in providing technical and sales support for our range of unique companion animal products, as well as supporting development in other areas of NPD. The role will be office based and ideally applicants would be based in or willing to relocate to Ireland.
Working closely with the team at Macahl, your responsibilities would include:
• Acting as the primary contact for veterinary enquiries
• Building and supporting a UK sales market approach for new and existing products
• Being the primary point of contact for international distributors in Europe, Asia and the Middle East
• Providing high levels of sales support to international customers
• Liaising with the Marketing and Technical teams to ensure clients have all the support necessary for success
• Supporting customers at selected national and international conferences
• Developing the business in new territories, introducing new products to existing customers and
implementing new marketing campaigns
• Providing technical support to veterinary practices, referral centres and universities
• Working with the marketing team to produce product literature and articles
• Working in conjunction with other departments to develop new and innovative products for the
• Attending veterinary congresses in the UK and abroad
• The successful candidate will be a MRCVS with experience in small animal practice
• Previous sales experience and leading profitable growth of brands
• Evidence of managing customers and increasing company revenue.
• Self-motivated and able to work alone and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships both internally and externally
• Valid passport and ability to travel to UK and some international markets on a regular basis
• Scientific background educationally or professionally (desirable but not essential)
• Ability to speak a foreign language (desirable but not essential)
This is an exciting opportunity to develop this role and grow with our company. Your contribution to Macahl will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and a range of benefits including a company car, contributory pension scheme and 31 days annual leave.
Here at Macahl we pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we embrace candidates from all walks of life.. If you feel this job is for you and you are looking for an exciting new challenge,
To apply please send your CV plus a covering letter giving details of your current salary to:
Anthony Mackle CEO
Macahl Animal Health Ltd.
38a Corrigan Hill Road, Moy