Why Vets choose GI Support
Oralade GI Support is a dietetic complementary feed for the reduction of acute intestinal absorptive disorders. This product should be used during periods of and recovery from acute diarrhoea. Contains a balanced, increased level of electrolytes including sodium, potassium and easily digestible sugars. It is recommended a veterinarians opinion be sought before use.
Why Vets Choose
Oralade Gi Support
- Tried and Tested Recipe
- 8 out of 10 dogs prefer Oralade over leading electrolyte brand
- Up to 70% more fluid intake with Oralade compared with plain water
Oral Rehydration Therapy
Gastrointestinal disorders – indications
GI upset is a common problem. The two main signs are vomiting and diarrhoea, although they don’t always happen at the same time.
Other signs include:
• Tummy pain
• Straining to pass faeces
• Blood or mucus in faeces
A very common cause of gastrointestinal disorders is dietary indiscretion. This is where the pet has eaten something that it shouldn’t have, for example, as a result of scavenging.
• Dietary sensitivity, where the pet reacts abnormally to a foodstuff
• Infection with a virus or bacteria
With any signs of vomiting or diarrhoea always consult your veterinarian and act fast.
Early nutritional support and rehydration help support recovery.
• Simple amino-acids Nourish the gut cells and help support recovery
• Glucose Provides ready-to-use energy
• Low fat Suitable for use in pancreatitis
• Balanced Electrolytes Replaces electrolytes lost through vomiting and diarrhoea
• Isotonic solution Fast absorption for quick rehydration
• Highly digestible Can be fed before solid food
• Natural chicken flavour Readily accepted, even when nauseous
• Prebiotic GOS+ Prebiotic fibre helps stimulate gut microflora
Why Vets choose RF Support
Oralade® RF Support is a highly palatable ready-to-serve isotonic formula, providing microenteral nutrition and oral rehydration support for cats with acute intestinal absorptive disorders and chronic kidney disease (CKD). RF Support provides a balance of essential electrolytes, simple sugars and restricted levels of high quality protein. Made with a natural chicken flavour and purified water.
Problems and indications
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
CKD is a very common disease encountered in older cats. Kidney disease is often scored and monitored according to IRIS guidelines. The IRIS system is based on international experts recommendations and aids in decision making and monitoring. Increasing fluid intake is recommended for all stages of CKD.
RF Support is therefore suitable to increase fluid intake in all stages of CKD due to its unique taste and optimized electrolyte composition.
Lower Urinary Tract (LUT) Disease
LUT disease is common and affects cats at all ages. The condition is associated with a lot of discomfort and pain for the patient. The exact cause is often unknown and management can be highly frustrating for both the owner and the veterinarian. Despite appropriate therapy recurrence is common. LUT disease may lead to urinary obstruction, which is a life-threatening problem that requires immediate veterinary attention. An essential part of treating these diseases is increasing water consumption to promote the production of dilute urine. For non-obstructive or post-obstructive LUT disease
RF Support can assist in recovery and maintenance.
Anorexia and Poor Appetite in Cats
Cats do not tolerate fasting and must meet at least 2/3 of their daily energy requirements. Periods of anorexia or poor appetite can have serious consequences and should therefore be approached promptly.
RF Support is the perfect supplement to encourage increased consumption of any diet,
Oral Rehydration Therapy
Support your pets recovery
RENAL FAILURE (CKD)
Increasing fluid intake will;
• Improve wash out of waste products
• Help restore electrolyte balances
• Maintain hydration and wellbeing
• Replace fluid loss from concurrent gastrointestinal losses (e.g. intermittent vomiting)
Lower Urinary Tract (LUT)
Assist in recovery and maintenance by;
• Increasing fluid uptake and thereby increase wash-out of sediments
• Decrease risk of recurrence
• Alleviate pain and straining
• Maintain dilute urine as recommended
Anorexia and Poor Appetite
Encourage increased consumption of any diet;
• High palatability – can be mixed in both dry and canned diets
• Improves hydrations status and thereby wellbeing
• Improves gastrointestinal tract
absorption and barrier function towards bacteria
Encourage cats to drink
Supplementing the diet with extra water, such as RF Support, as a stand-alone drinking solution, through mixing with the diet, or via feeding tubes is a viable option. Palatability studies have demonstrated that RF Support has a higher intake than fresh water.