Macahl Animal Health (The home of Oralade)
Business Development Manager – 2x Roles Available – UK Based – Various Locations
Scotland, Northwest, Northeast, Midlands, Southeast & Southwest
Salary: £36,000 – £40,000 a year
Job type: Full-time / Permanent
Work from home
Macahl Animal Health is a privately owned family company, established in 2006. GMP+ certified.
Our purpose: Is to promote new and innovative products that support a happier healthier life for your pet. We develop, manufacture and market a range of unique animal health products for companion animal to support both the veterinary and pet speciality sector. Our core brand Oralade® is the UK’s No1 Veterinary Oral Rehydration product for companion animal and exported to over 54 countries worldwide. We also have an exciting new brand Vets Menu® launching end of 2022 and other innovative products in the pipeline.
This new role is to support existing customers to mutually develop business and grow sales whilst reaching out to build new business relationships, with both clinical and retail accounts in the field, Independent and Corporate accounts.
Time will be self-managed, field days 80% , admin days 20%, split between Retail and Veterinary so ability to be self-driven and time managed with effective priority planning are essential.
Occasional travel with overnight stays for exhibitions to represent the company, UK and occasionally some internationally based. To also join team meetings at head office in Moy, Northern Ireland when required.
A fast-growing company with high levels of progression for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven sales experience
- Min 2 years of account management and growing sale
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Excellent priority planning
- Strategic planning and implementing – both independents and corporate accounts
- Territory forecasting
- Knowledge of the pet industry is highly desired (Retail and Veterinary)
- IT skills (proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Data and Sales analysis
- Experience of customer focused sales and distribution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Results driven
- Relationship building
- Active listening
- Negotiation skills
- Team player cross departments
- Can do attitude
- Solution based thinking
- Designing and executing successful training programmes
- Strong record-keeping
- A passion for doing the best you can
For travel requirements, must live within territory or willing to relocate
Full / Clean Driving License
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Create & build relationships with key stakeholders in new and existing accounts in line with the companies’ objectives
- Accountable for delivering profitable growth in sales territory and reaching business targets
- Collaborating across departments both internally and externally.
- Educate staff in both veterinary and retail on the need of the product
- Take a proactive approach and provide feedback in the future planning of business strategy – UK
- Effective sales coverage and planning to achieve objectives
- Identify new business opportunities
- Develop in depth knowledge of the market locally and globally (competitors, new customers, etc.).
- Support corporate and independent accounts and activities
- Attendance and brand representation at external company events, including overnight stays, as required.
- Attendance of internal team meetings, virtually and face to face when required.
- Keeping customer records fully updated
- Priorities and manage deadlines
- Partaking and planning of new product development launches.
- Reviewing accounts to identify business gaps
- Support accounts via a variety of different formats including but not restricted to, face-to-face, webinars, virtual meetings and training sessions, email, and phone support.
- Help develop and create new training material and documentation to support clients and corporate development.
What can you expect from Macahl Animal health?
A competitive salary depending on experience. In addition to this, a benefits package of a company bonus, sales incentive, competitive pension scheme, company car.
Join a thriving family business with a unique Global brand where pet health is our priority and grow your opportunity with us.
In depth product training and induction provided.
Application deadline: 9th October 2022
For an informal, confidential chat please call Beth on +44 7570 843332
Macahl animal health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.